First Annual A2Gaming Conference in Vegas

Please find announcements regarding the servers and forum in here.

Do you have interest in a A2Gaming get together?

Yes
44%
No
11%
Yes but not in Vegas
44%

Total votes: 9

SgtRock
CoD2 Admin
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2

First Annual A2Gaming Conference in Vegas

Post by SgtRock » January 30th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I've been kicking this around for a while and want to start some formal planning now that the holidays are over.

Met General Lee in Chicago while on business and we discussed having a get together. I've bounced this idea around in game and there seems to be some interest. Vegas seems like a logical location just because I know a lot of folks have cash flow issues. And Vegas is notorious for being cheep to fly in and out of regardless of where you are located.

I'm not serving as the travel agent for this but I can mediate and navigate the waters for this trip in terms of organizing dates and selecting and contacting a hotel/resort. Some considerations for us.

1. In my view this should be a family event and if anyone makes this a part of another family vacation they should do that.
2. No real organized events other than perhaps a reception time for those who chose to show up. If there is a need we could have an Admin or gaming meeting of some kind.
3. This is not an offical A2Gaming event and if a Sr. Admin wants me to not post here thats fine and I can organize something on a Facebook page but this seems to be a logical place to start.

Lets post our thoughts here on this chain and see what happens. Please express your thoughts, willingness to attend, dates (june-august), and anything else.

If it happens it would be great fun, if it doesn't then thats okay to but its worth a shot....

Rock

imadedman
Owner
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: dickensider

Re: First Annual A2Gaming Conference in Vegas

Post by imadedman » January 30th, 2011, 1:58 pm

my place.
Read and Posted by A2Gaming Plugin for ANDROID v0.9b by atomicfrog.com

"Treat everyday like a DOG....If you cannot eat it, or screw it...Piss on it, and walk away..."
-imadedman, Dave & Buster's Philadelphia, 2002, many Yuenglings and Tequila...

Bow your heads and pray...
-- In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was UNSIGNED, and the main(){} was without form and void..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."

VOTE for Saitek48 for Takes-No-Shit-From-Anyone-For-Any-Reason-Admin

Paul
Forum Member
Xfire Name: b1gf33t

Post by Paul » January 30th, 2011, 6:00 pm

a coffin ? thats absurd

saitek48
Forum Member

Post by saitek48 » January 30th, 2011, 6:39 pm

dedman lives in Florida. LOL

yeah
Forum Member

Post by yeah » January 30th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Rock thank you for the invite on the server, I have my head a bit tied up at the moment. I will get back to you if I can attend a Vegas getaway. A federal internship is very hard to come by, so I have to see where my schedule lies. Don't count me out yet!

-Best Regards, yeah

ch29
The Impaler

Post by ch29 » January 30th, 2011, 7:53 pm

well i guess vegas would be great...for you americans :)
nevertheless...if i know it in solid advance (at least 6 months i would say, preferably more) and if i get the promotion im after right now, i may be able to come. always wanted to visit vegas anyway. plus i have already met Cansei last year and we have talked about a sort of get-together thing for more people as well.

however...just a thought. i have checked the flight prices. a return flight to heart of europe should be about 500 bucks more expensive than a flight to vegas for american. now im not saying i would save you all of that 500 bucks here, depends on how long you want the meeting to be and how much fun you wanna have, but few hints:
-a pint of beer is 1-2$, same for a shot
-meal would be 4$ or more, depend on what and where
-night in hotel...i think i could arrange something around 20, maybe less in case we go outside the capital city. last year i had a great room in mountain resort during my holiday for approx. 15$ a night
(hooker would be around 50$...i just wanna spare someone the embarrasment of asking :lol:)
yea, and legal drinking age is 18, but noone would have any problem with serving a beer to a 16-17 year old - for our younger players.

Another thing is...it wouldnt be too easy for people outside US to get to this thing if its in Vegas...visa and shit. So, Im just saying, you could give Europe at least a thought.
Thanks to AquaMaroon!

Fiba
A2G Police
Xfire Name: 2505066

Post by Fiba » January 31st, 2011, 6:51 am

great idea but in my opinion unattainable for so many people

Come to Russia, I'll show you the real strength of vodka.here and the beer and food and hookers are cheaper.and cheap hotels.
And now Ladies and Gentlemen in your right corner
Weighing in at an even 215 pounds
Residing from the South Russia
Maintaning 39 wins 40 knockouts and no losses
It's the undisputed call of duty champion of the world!!

Fibaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sundown
King of the Damned

Post by Sundown » January 31st, 2011, 8:08 am

I'm in unless money gets in the way.
Welcome to Hell
Your new home
You did the crime now you'll do the time
Right where you belong
Welcome to Hell
End of the line
Your final sin got you in
And now your soul is mine
Welcome to Hell

ch29
The Impaler

Post by ch29 » January 31st, 2011, 11:35 am

i have checked the prices of vegas flights from here. if its in vegas, then i could maybe do it if i get the promotion, i work well for the rest of year and i get some bonus at the end of 2011. then maybe february 2012...maybe :lol:
Thanks to AquaMaroon!

Grenade71822
Favorite Game: World of Warcraft
Xfire Name: Grenade71822

Post by Grenade71822 » January 31st, 2011, 1:33 pm

Ok well what about alternative locations other then Vegas. Austin or Dallas maybe? That way it is centered more for the U.S. folks.
A bullet might have your name on it, but a Grenade is addressed to "Whom it may concern."
I wish you good fortune in whatever avenue of life you assault with your presence.

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » January 31st, 2011, 6:11 pm

I can't seem to leave the office for more than 3 days before something breaks or a deadline. I probably wont be able to.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

yeah
Forum Member

Post by yeah » February 6th, 2011, 12:00 am

@Rock

As requested, available time frame is : Early - Mid June, still no guarantees. Will have to let you know last second.