FLASH! TO ALL CALL OF DUTY PLAYERS LOOKING FORWARD TO MW2...

Please find announcements regarding the servers and forum in here.
Rogue_hound
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: roguehound

Re: FLASH! TO ALL CALL OF DUTY PLAYERS LOOKING FORWARD TO MW2...

Post by Rogue_hound » November 3rd, 2009, 1:19 am

one thing i find funny is that there making us pay for all this shit you get in other games for free. they will probaly b shit expansions or maps, there will most likely be a subscription fee instead of pay for map packs, etc and this is only gonna push for more piracy. i might buy this game might not it depends if i know if there is any cracked servers or not. if there is i will buy it, cause i want the COD series to continue, if not i will download it just for single player and spec ops missions. IW is in alot of shit if they do not allow free dedicated servers, it might be the end of the COD series or even IW rights to the game...and frankly they have changed it for the better, well better than everyone else.
"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."-General Norman Schwarzkopf
Image Image Image Image Image

Thunderpants MSC
Forum Member
Xfire Name: liquorbaron13

Post by Thunderpants MSC » November 7th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Rogue_hound wrote:one thing i find funny is that there making us pay for all this shit you get in other games for free. they will probaly b shit expansions or maps, there will most likely be a subscription fee instead of pay for map packs, etc and this is only gonna push for more piracy. i might buy this game might not it depends if i know if there is any cracked servers or not. if there is i will buy it, cause i want the COD series to continue, if not i will download it just for single player and spec ops missions. IW is in alot of shit if they do not allow free dedicated servers, it might be the end of the COD series or even IW rights to the game...and frankly they have changed it for the better, well better than everyone else.
Highly unlikely considering Treyarch is already working on the next CoD game. Apparently IW was allowed to do Modern Warfare but Activision wants Treyarch to do the other CoD stuff. I imagine they will switch off year to year. This Modern Warfare 2 is still going to sell like a mother trucker. Don't kid yourself. Console fanboys are going to eat this thing up so it's highly unlikely that they would stop making the CoD series. Think about this Batman... CoD2 was released at the end of 2005. CoD 3 was released at the end of 2006. Cod4 was released at the end of 2007. CoD World at War was released at the end of 2008. And now CoD Moderne Warfare 2 is going to be released at the end of 2009. These games are like Madden games nowadays. They pump a new one out every year. And just like Madden games you DONT have to buy every single years one. Even if they are in different timelines.
Pictures Not Appropriate. Fix it. Grenade71822.

Al Capone
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Call of Duty 4
Xfire Name: sdccapone

Post by Al Capone » November 8th, 2009, 1:50 pm

Just pre ordered for 360 on Friday

C r o s b y
The Beast
Xfire Name: ptwarriors315

Post by C r o s b y » November 8th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Al Capone wrote:Just pre ordered for 360 on Friday
What a slacker. I've had mine pre ordered since like August.
Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!

[URL=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/228018101 ... 43568.jpg/]Image

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member
Xfire Name: sneakysniper100

Post by Sneaky Sniper » November 8th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Why the hell are you even buying it? The full version for the 360 is already out for free. There was a leak and the entire game was released.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
cause they show to us they are good people
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

C r o s b y
The Beast

Post by C r o s b y » November 9th, 2009, 10:33 pm

True... but all pirated versions stats are being reset, and they're xbox is being bricked since they're modded and have an illegal version.

epIC
Forum Member
Xfire Name: pwn3dnoob

Post by epIC » November 10th, 2009, 3:39 pm

people i know bought the game and said they loved it for PC

mizhi
Forum Member

Post by mizhi » November 10th, 2009, 6:05 pm

epIC wrote:people i know bought the game and said they loved it for PC
Think of how much better it would have been had IW not been idiots.

IW nerfed the PC version and essentially told PC gamers to pound sand.

Here's me taking my money elsewhere.
SegfaultZen
Grenade71822 wrote:Yo what up homie G. I wanna tank ya fo yo good spirit on wantin to be admin an all dat but We aint lookin for any punk ass bitches like yo momma.
Word yall.

epIC
Forum Member

Post by epIC » November 12th, 2009, 2:00 pm

so i love mw2, except for the no leaning...

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member

Post by Sneaky Sniper » November 12th, 2009, 5:32 pm

They took out leaning? Are they nuts? Thats not very realistic. Then again, its an entirely new system. They remade the entire engine for the game. Of course its not going to have everything.

Ive been asking some of my friends that have it to broadcast in on xfire. It actually looks good. IWNET isnt that bad really. Yes it was wrong of them to do that but they added things like group which allows multiple to be together so when they join a game, they are all added together.

Theres always going to be room for improvement. Some may say that it was a step backwards but I think its abit of a step forward. They overhauled the entire engine and started from scratch, improved the lag by 10 fold, and made the rounds much bigger and realistic. Yes they took away dedicated servers and mods. Its gotta get worse before it can get better.

Its like what happened to Vista. Vista was a proving ground for a whole new concept that wasnt thought of by Windows. It had its bugs and shit. Windows 7 is much better and its basically the same damn thing as Vista. They just modified it to make it run so much smoother.
Spoiler:
Sundown wrote:Sai donated his money for this and Sneaky is donating his good time. And you guys are bitching about it.
Cansei De Ser Sexy wrote: cause i belive in the Integrity of the admins who say he dont hack .
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words
Shotty wrote:on the other side of the coin, I just wanted to let you know I look to see if you and Sneaky are in the games on CoD4 everytime I join the server. I know that the games will be fun if you two are around......just my 2cents worth
"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake. Show me that your worth counting on. Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

AquaMaroon
Sperm Donor
Xfire Name: d0ubletake

Post by AquaMaroon » November 12th, 2009, 8:21 pm

Sneaky Sniper wrote:They took out leaning? Are they nuts? Thats not very realistic. Then again, its an entirely new system. They remade the entire engine for the game. Of course its not going to have everything.

Ive been asking some of my friends that have it to broadcast in on xfire. It actually looks good. IWNET isnt that bad really. Yes it was wrong of them to do that but they added things like group which allows multiple to be together so when they join a game, they are all added together.

Theres always going to be room for improvement. Some may say that it was a step backwards but I think its abit of a step forward. They overhauled the entire engine and started from scratch, improved the lag by 10 fold, and made the rounds much bigger and realistic. Yes they took away dedicated servers and mods. Its gotta get worse before it can get better.

Its like what happened to Vista. Vista was a proving ground for a whole new concept that wasnt thought of by Windows. It had its bugs and shit. Windows 7 is much better and its basically the same damn thing as Vista. They just modified it to make it run so much smoother.
Except Vista was the first iteration, and MW1 was awesome in the first place; some of the changes they made to MW2 are like going from Windows 7 back to Vista, when it clearly should be the other way around. I think the game appears to be fantastic, I just don't understand why IW would take away the dedicated servers that are so integral to PC gaming; it just seems stupid.
R.I.P. Pumba - February 15th, 2008
King Sarekx wrote:Aqua you're always my #1.

LayeR
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by LayeR » November 12th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Sneaky Sniper wrote:They took out leaning? Are they nuts? Thats not very realistic. Then again, its an entirely new system. They remade the entire engine for the game. Of course its not going to have everything.

I doubt that it is much smoother. The very reason why dedicated servers were created was so that these creators could get these online games off their shoulders and so that PC gamers could enjoy lower pings and therefore smoother gameplay, but mainly so that the developers wouldn't have to worry about hosting any servers.

That notwithstanding, I think the only reason why they decided to scrap dedicated servers was not for the interest of the gamer (come on, we're talking about a corporation(s) here...) but so that they could get more money. More money by creating a few superfluous mods and maybe 2-3 maps and charge $10-15 in the form of DLC. To me, that would be the only reason why Infinity Ward, and perhaps a hand from Activision, would do something like this - more control over the product, and more control = more $$$.

I like the Call of Duty franchise. I really do think that they make good games; however, I hope that this IWNet of theirs crashes and burns if for no other reason so that this doesn't become commonplace in PC gaming.

Paying more for less...
"I was born not knowing and have only had a little time to change that here and there."
- Richard Feynman

"We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good."
- Carl Sagan

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."
- Albert Einstein

Brawndo
Forum Member
Xfire Name: Marauder99

Post by Brawndo » November 13th, 2009, 1:36 am

Wait, its peer to peer? WTF?
Cracker wrote:to be an admin you keep your pimp hand strong.

mizhi
Forum Member

Post by mizhi » November 13th, 2009, 11:27 am

Brawndo wrote:Wait, its peer to peer? WTF?
Er... yeah, that was one of the main bones of contention.
SegfaultZen
Grenade71822 wrote:Yo what up homie G. I wanna tank ya fo yo good spirit on wantin to be admin an all dat but We aint lookin for any punk ass bitches like yo momma.
Word yall.

Brawndo
Forum Member
Xfire Name: Marauder99

Post by Brawndo » November 13th, 2009, 3:07 pm

yeah I guess I misunderstood and thought that they were going to host instead of a peer host situation.
Cracker wrote:to be an admin you keep your pimp hand strong.

Tim
Forum Member
Favorite Game: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Post by Tim » November 13th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Brawndo wrote:yeah I guess I misunderstood and thought that they were going to host instead of a peer host situation.
Yeah, me too! It's worse than the bad that I thought it was gonna be! Hah! They said IWNet making it seem like they had a network of hosts for the game. But really I guess that's just for the match-making then it finds a peer host for you. REALLY DUMB! I can't believe they've stooped this low. Are they idiots?!

epIC
Forum Member

Post by epIC » November 13th, 2009, 8:30 pm

welcome to the shittyness of mw2 i hate the multplayer its so inconsistent with how many bullets it takes to kill someone with guns and they have stopping power 1,2,3,3pro and like that for all perks so basicly if u have jugger on ull be a god damn tank which is soooo gay

C r o s b y
The Beast

Post by C r o s b y » November 15th, 2009, 12:59 am

There is no jugger. Riot Shield OWNZ!

epIC
Forum Member

Post by epIC » November 21st, 2009, 2:43 am

lets see, things that ruin mw2 RIOT SHIELDS,heart beat monitors,bling, one man army, noob tubes, ninja / deadsilence, thermal sites. thermal sites and heart beat monitors allow one to encase themselves with their own smoke and shoot ppl thru it... which is gay

Sneaky Sniper
Forum Member

Post by Sneaky Sniper » November 21st, 2009, 9:21 am

Tim wrote:
Brawndo wrote:yeah I guess I misunderstood and thought that they were going to host instead of a peer host situation.
Yeah, me too! It's worse than the bad that I thought it was gonna be! Hah! They said IWNet making it seem like they had a network of hosts for the game. But really I guess that's just for the match-making then it finds a peer host for you. REALLY DUMB! I can't believe they've stooped this low. Are they idiots?!
They do have a network of hosts. Its called the players :lol:
Spoiler:
layer .AU sneaky .
i belive in his words