cant use nades etc

Ask questions about computers or other gadgetry here.

cant use nades etc

Postby KillingFloor » March 30th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Hi gang! All of a sudden, my wireless mouse won't let me use the scroll wheel. I can't scroll between weapons, or throw nades. Any ideas/suggestions would be great. Thanks, KF.
ImageImage
mad macs wrote:Looks like the box needs frequent restarts to clear the doohickee that clogs the ping pipe (technical talk).
KillingFloor
Donator
Donator

Favorite Game: Call of Duty 2
Xfire Name: killingfloor126

Re: cant use nades etc

Postby Filla Buster » March 31st, 2015, 12:26 am

What mouse and any associated software are you using (Some mice, esp. not from Microsoft, and gaming mice, use their own drivers and software). With the software you can define what actions your mouse does to communicate with Windows. Meaning you can set your scroll wheel as a click, rather than a scroll and vice versa.

If you did not upgrade your mouse or it's software, then likely there is a mechanical failure, meaning buy new mouse.
Origin ID: Fi11a_13uster
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/filla_buster/

"Seinfeld: The Rye"
Frank Costanza: Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
George Costanza: Why don't we talk about it another time.
Frank Costanza: But you see my point here? You only hear of a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Something's missing!
Mrs. Ross: Something's missing all right.
Mr. Ross: They're all chickens. The rooster has sex with all of them.
Frank Costanza: That's perverse.
Filla Buster
CoD2 Admin

Highscores: 2

Postby REINMIRT » March 31st, 2015, 8:21 am

KF,

Go to here and test your mouse and report back bud.

http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html
Xfire Username: REINMIRT
Origin ID: REINMIRT
Steam Username: REINMIRT
REINMIRT
CoD2 Admin

Xfire Name: REINMIRT

Postby KillingFloor » March 31st, 2015, 8:52 pm

I have a wireless Logitech G602. I have been using it for a while now. All of a sudden no workie. I have been to their site for firmware updates etc. I just jumped in game, and nothing.
Hmm. Reiny, double clicking, right clicking on that site worked, but nothing happened with the middle click/scroll wheel. Odd. Might need to buy new? Thanks guys, KF.
ImageImage
mad macs wrote:Looks like the box needs frequent restarts to clear the doohickee that clogs the ping pipe (technical talk).
KillingFloor
Donator
Donator

Postby KillingFloor » March 31st, 2015, 8:59 pm

Forgot to mention, I just now joined game, and nothing. But, on regular websites, or email, scroll works fine.....So.... Ok See yas, KF.
ImageImage
KillingFloor
Donator
Donator

Postby REINMIRT » March 31st, 2015, 9:56 pm

Hmm...

Next, I'd first turn the mouse off from it's switch, then unplug the computer piece from usb, plug it back it after about 10 seconds or so and turn the mouse back on test it again. If still doesn't work;

I'd go here and download the programming software and other offered softwares by choosing your operating system if you don't already have them. http://support.logitech.com/product/g60 ... ming-mouse. After installing them, test again in game. If it still doesn't work;

I'd go in COD2 multiplayer menu and make sure scroll and scroll click is set to your choice of action, I think it was grenades you said. Also make sure nothing else claimed grenades at the same time..

Report back boss, we'll then see what we can do.
Xfire Username: REINMIRT
Origin ID: REINMIRT
Steam Username: REINMIRT
REINMIRT
CoD2 Admin

Xfire Name: REINMIRT

Return to Technical Help